How Will I Be Judged?
I've come to firmly believe that how we are judged in the next
life will have little to do with whether we call God Allah, Elohim, Jehovah,
Christ, Zeus, Odin, Brahma, Ahsonnutli, L. Ron Hubbard, or believe in no god(s) at all; little to do with
how many animals we've sacrificed; little to do with how many baptisms we've performed;
little to do with how many idols we've built; little to do with how many funerals
we've picketed; little to do with how many people we've beheaded as heretics;
and much to do with the effort we've put into loving others.
I've come to this conclusion through open and respectful exchanges of ideas and beliefs with people from a variety of theologies and backgrounds. Talking with, and being accepting of, those whose belief systems are different than yours is only harmful if you choose to make it so.
Loving those with belief systems different than yours is helpful if you choose to make it so.
So how will we be judged? I believe it is our love of others that we will be most strongly judged by. Not just our love for our spouse(s), our children, our parents, our siblings, our aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, minister, pastor, bishop, or others within our own congregation. But our love for ALL of mankind.


<< Home