Sunday, September 25, 2005

Who Am I?

My name is Stu. I consider myself a "thinking Mormon", or as some people like to say, "A Mormon that thinks for himself".

Don't get me confused with Mormon's who see what they perceive to be "inconsistencies" in Mormon teachings and somehow try to justify why they are so. I am not what many would call an "intellectual Mormon", although I myself would consider myself to be an intellectual of Mormonism.

I have a full-blown testimony of the Mormon Church, of Joseph Smith, of all prophets to Gordon B. Hinckley, the Book of Mormon, the Pearl of Great Price, and essentially all teachings of the Mormon Church today.

I came to the conclusion that the Church is true through thinking for myself, and seeking inspiration from the Holy Spirit. This did not come lightly. I was not raised in an active home. My father left the church after his mission (about 11 years before I was even born) and my mother is Catholic.

Mormon teachings were not prevalent in my home growing up. My testimony is undoubtedly my own. My testimony was solidified when I was about 23, an experience that was about as unamazing as one might imagine a visitation from the Holy Spirit might be. It was perhaps the most subtle realization of truth I had ever experience in my life, and yet its power was greater than any I had ever experienced.

This blog is intended only as a forum for me to publish my thoughts and to create purposeful discussion amongst myself and a close group of friends and family. I hope that my publishings are conducive to the Spirit, and help all who read come to a better understanding of the truth, and to increase their testimonies.

I don't allow comments to be posted because of the contention that is certain to occur from "anti-Mormons" and other "thinking Mormons".

I will do my absolute best to be respectful in all regards to Him, whom I will not mention out of respect for the sacredness of His name.